Friday, May 11, 2012

Military Spouse Appreciation day. So what?

Ok, Maybe I am just PMSing. But I don't get the whole Military spouse appreciation day deal.

I've been a military spouse for 10 years, I don't think anything of it. I am a wife, I am a mom... My husband just happens to be in the military.

I don't wear Army wife clothes, or even own anything that says army wife. It's not that I am not proud of my husband I am.

I just think of his job as any other.

If your husband was a plumber, you going to put a I love my plumber sticker on your car? Electrician? Garbage man?

When is fishermans wife appreciation day? Hey, Have you watch the crabbing show.. it is dangerous!

And Electricians job is dangerous. Many other jobs take husbands away from time to time. Many other jobs are dangerous.

My husband chose to join the military. Just like he chose to pursue a degree in accounting prior too.

I am a wife and my husbands job is to be a soldier. To me, it's really not a big deal. I don't feel like we need an appreciation day or to be labeled.

And I don't think you get bragging rights as a military spouse, mom, sister, etc. And you/we sure as hell don't need to be given special treatment of any sort. We chose this life, we weren't forced into it.

I hate when people tell me thank you. Thank you for what? I don't do anything.


*Let the bashing begin, I'm ready for it!*

No comments:

Post a Comment